Thank you for purchasing the Platypus Sprinkler.
Please read supplied mounting diagrams and how to information to ensure the sprinkler is installed correctly.
This product is supported by a 12 month warranty.
Note – Due to manufacturing processes you may see some sprinklers start to
run earlier than others. There may also be minor differences in the running
speed of the sprinkler head, this does not indicate a faulty product.
- Overall height of the sprinkler is 3 1/8″ (A)
- Width at the widest point is 2″ (B)
- Weight is 3 oz
- Inlet 1/2” BSP thread
- Glass reinforced nylon with flame retardant and
UV stabiliser, designed to meet UL94 – V1 @ 1.6mm
Inlet Shaft and Nozzle
- 316 stainless steel
- PTFE with graphite and carbon fibre
Sprinkler assembly data and cleaning instructions
- To remove sprinkler head, hold inlet shaft firmly and pull head upwards, away from inner shaft. The nozzle can then be removed by using a 1/2” open end spanner on the flat edges and twisting in an anti-clockwise direction. Ensure spanner fits correctly onto flat edges on either side of the nozzle, taking care not to leave any burrs as these may catch on the sprinkler head.
- Clean shaft, bearing and nozzle using clean water.
DO NOT USE SOLVENTS OR LUBRICANTS.
- When re-fitting, use 1/2” open end spanner in a clockwise direction to replace the nozzle. DO NOT OVERTIGHTEN. Push sprinkler head down onto bearing, ensuring retaining lugs click over flange of bearing.
NOTE: ENSURE THE SAME BEARING AND HEAD IS FITTED BACK ONTO ITS ORIGINAL INLET SHAFT
Flow control insert data sheet
|Flow rate:||5.5lpm to suit 2.5mm nozzle or 9lpm to suit 3.2mm nozzle, not available for 4.0mm
|Maximum working temp:||80oC|
|Flow rate accuracy:||+or- 10% at 140 – 1000kpa|
Valve must be installed the right way around or immediate failure may result. A direction of flow insert is stamped on the outside diameter of the flow control insert.
1.1 In this Warranty the following definitions apply:
Date of Purchase has the meaning set out in clause 3.2.
Platypus means Platypus Fire Pty Ltd (ACN 159 992 355) of PO Box 466, Trafalgar VIC 3824
Purchaser means the purchaser of the Platypus Sprinkler.
Sprinkler means the Platypus Sprinkler including the following sprinkler models:
- Model PFSS25;
- Model PFSS32;
- Model PFSS40.
Return of Goods Authorisation Number means the number allocated by Platypus to a claim for
the return of the Sprinkler.
Term has the meaning set out in clause 3.1.
Warranty means this Platypus Sprinkler Product Warranty.
2.1 Our products come with guarantees that cannot be excluded under the Australia Consumer
Law. You are entitled to a replacement or refund for a major failure and compensation for
any other reasonably foreseeable loss or damage. You are also entitled to have the goods
repaired or replaced if the goods fail to be of acceptable quality and the failure does not
amount to a major failure.
2.2 This Warranty gives the purchaser additional protection for the Sprinkler and provides a
procedure for making a claim under the Warranty.
2.3 Nothing in this Warranty purports to modify or exclude the conditions, warranties and
undertakings, or other legal rights under the Australian Consumer Law.
2.4 Subject to the terms and conditions of this Warranty, Platypus warrants that:
2.4.1 the Sprinkler is of acceptable quality; and
2.4.2 is free from defects.
2.5 Subject to clause 2.1 above and the terms and conditions of the Warranty, Platypus agrees
to repair or replace, at Platypus’ expense the Sprinkler purchased by the Purchaser in
Australia directly from Platypus or from a Platypus authorised distributor if and when the
product does not perform in accordance with the manufacturer’s specifications during the
Term of the Warranty.
3.1 The Warranty is valid for one year from the date of purchase of the Platypus Sprinkler by the
3.2 The Date of Purchase of the Sprinkler is the date recorded on the receipt or invoice provided
to the Purchaser at the time of purchase (“Date of Purchase”).
4. MAKING A CLAIM
4.1 To make a claim under the Warranty the Purchaser must contact Platypus.
4.2 Platypus may be contacted with the following details:
4.3 The Purchaser must contact Platypus within a reasonable time of discovering the defect or
4.4 When making a claim under this warranty the Purchaser must provide Platypus with the
following details in writing:
- Any and all details necessary for Platypus to assess the claim, including but not
- The date the defect or fault was identified;
- Proof of purchase such as a receipt or invoice;
- The nature of the fault or defect.
4.5 The Purchaser must cooperate with Platypus to make the Sprinkler available for evaluation
4.6 If the Purchaser is required to return the product to Platypus for repair, replacement or
evaluation, Platypus will provide delivery details and a Return of Goods Authorization
number to the purchaser.
5. REPAIR OR REPLACEMENT
5.1 Sprinklers may either be repaired or replaced at Platypus’ discretion.
5.2 If a Sprinkler is to be replaced it may be replaced by products of similar design to the Sprinkler.
5.3 Platypus may engage a third party to replace or repair the Sprinkler at its sole discretion.
5.4 Replacement of the Sprinkler does not extend the Term of the Warranty.
5.5 If the Sprinkler was not installed by Platypus or its authorized agent, any travel costs or onsite labour costs incurred by Platypus to attend the property at which the Sprinkler is installed to repair or replace the Sprinkler will not be covered by the Warranty.
5.6 Platypus may seek reimbursement from the Purchaser of any costs incurred in the transport and evaluation of the Sprinkler if the Sprinkler is found to be in working order.
6.1 Subject to the terms of this warranty and to the extent permitted by law the Warranty does
not apply in the following circumstances:
- the Sprinkler has not been installed, operated, maintained or used in accordance with Platypus’ instructions or specifications;
- if damage, malfunction or failure of the Sprinkler has resulted from alteration, accident, misuse, abuse, fire, maladjustment of customer controls, use on an incorrect voltage, power surge and/or dips, thunderstorm activity, acts of God, flood, power supply problems, tampering or unauthorised repairs by any persons, use of defective or incompatible accessories, exposure to abnormally corrosive conditions or entry by any liquid, insect, vermin or foreign object into the Sprinkler;
- if damage to the Sprinkler arises from or during transportation, installation (if installation is undertaken by a third party) or while moving the Sprinkler;
- to any third party software or hardware not contained in the product as originally configured by the manufacturer.
- to any failure of the Sprinkler that is not a failure of the Sprinkler to perform to its specifications.
- to any replacement or repair of any lost parts or accessories.
- service of the Sprinkler while it is outside Australia.
- to any wear and tear if the Sprinkler is used for commercial, industrial, rural, educational or rental purposes.
6.2 Platypus is not liable for any loss or damage arising from alterations to third party hardware
6.3 Platypus is not liable for any loss or damage arising from loss of use, loss of profits or
6.4 Platypus is not liable for any loss resulting from indirect or consequential loss or damage.
7. TRANSFER OF WARRANTY
7.2 This Warranty may be transferred to subsequent owners of the property on which the Sprinkler is installed in the event of the sale of that property.
7.3 To transfer this Warranty the Purchaser must notify Platypus, in writing, within a reasonable time of the sale of the property of the following details:
7.3.1 The name and contact details of the subsequent owner of the property; and
7.3.2 The name and contact details of the previous owner of the property; and
7.3.3 The date and place of purchase of the Sprinkler.
7.4 The transfer of this Warranty does not extend the Term of this Warranty.
7.5 The transfer of this Warranty does not alter in any way the terms and conditions of this Warranty.